Legal Question in Family Law in Mississippi

Can I make my ex husband take custody of our three kids is my mental health is getting bad do to depression in stress

Asked on 3/04/12, 8:14 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Albert Pettigrew Law Offices Ph 228-875-8736

If there has been a substantial and material change of circumstances that is adverse to the interests of the children, the Court can change their paramount custody either temporarily or indefinitely, depending on the best interest of the children.. Normally, a change is accomplished by the filing of a complaint for change in custody. However,an emergency petition can result in a fast hearing. Another alternative may be to give a trusted person power of attorney to take care of the children while the custodial parent recovers.

Read more
Answered on 3/05/12, 2:40 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Mississippi