Legal Question in Business Law in Mississippi

Registered Agent

What are the responsibilites and liabilities for acting as a Registered Agent for an out of state construction contractor?

Asked on 10/05/06, 2:31 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

E. Stassinos Elias Stassinos, Esq.

Re: Registered Agent

You will be the official agent for the company to receive service of process for the contractor. That is all. For example, if the contractor is sued in your state, since you are the registered agent, the process server will serve you with the lawsuit papers. Then, you will notify and give the papers to the contractor. More at

Read more
Answered on 10/05/06, 2:47 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Business Law questions and answers in Mississippi