Legal Question in Criminal Law in Mississippi

chance of clemency or leniency

My brother was convicted of statutory rape(without force). I have talked to several lawyers to help with an appeal for early release. He was given 6 years because the victim deliberately misrespresented her age. I am being quoted 10,000 dollars or more. What is the possibility that anything can be done to get him released? He has served 3 years. I do not have that kind of money. Please give me information on how to acquire a Clemency form to submit to the governor of Mississippi.

Asked on 2/25/03, 6:07 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Jeffery Navarro Jeffery M. Navarro, Attorney at Law

Re: chance of clemency or leniency

I would suggest that you call the Governor's office. 0therwise, did he have an appointed attorney? And if so, did he / she file an appeal?

Read more
Answered on 3/17/03, 2:00 pm

Austin Nimocks Austin R. Nimocks & Associates, P.L.L.C.

Re: chance of clemency or leniency

There is a form that you must submit to make this request. You must acquire this form from the governor's office. In Mississippi, you can reach the office of Governor Ronnie Musgrove by calling (877)405-0733 or writing to Post Office Box 139, Jackson, Mississippi 39205. Good luck.

Read more
Answered on 3/04/03, 12:53 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Mississippi