Legal Question in Criminal Law in Mississippi

My husband received 20 yrs. for armed robbery, he also had to served 7 yrs. for probation violation. He was convicted and started serving his time in June of 1998. How difficult will it be to get back in to court to have his sentenced reduced or restructured? Since being incarcerated he has gone through voluntary rehab for alcohol and drug addiction (he earned certificates), he earned certificates for fabrication and welding after completing 1900 hours in each job area. He has been a part of three tutoring programs, in which he tutored men and in preparation to take their GED. He is currently tutoring for the GED, with four men having passed their GED test in past year. He has worked some type of job at every facility he has been assigned to, even though he was told he could not get time off for good behavior or for working. I want to know how hard it would be to hire an attorney to get him back in to court to have his sentence restructured or reduced? He has served 16 years so far.

Thank you,


Asked on 6/07/13, 2:51 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Timothy Matusheski Law Offices of Timothy J. Matusheski

I do not think he could get the sentenced reduced but he may be eligible for an early release by the parole board for good behavior.

Read more
Answered on 7/11/13, 5:47 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Mississippi