Legal Question in Criminal Law in Mississippi


A friend came to me today and said that Wal-mart had my husband on video tape stealing, My husband has not stole anything. The friend said that a employee told him that they was trying to catch him stealing to prosecute him. My husband does not know this. Wouldn't they have to catch him with the product on him. He may have been looking at products but he never would steal. He used to work for this Wal-Mart and he quit to go to a better job. I think someone is mad with him and trying to falsely accused him. Do I have a right to go in there and demand to see the video. Wouldn't they have arrested him on the spot if he had been stealing? Which this is someone telling me this. My husband is out of town working and I want see him to Friday. What should I do?

Asked on 9/30/02, 6:10 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Jeffery Navarro Jeffery M. Navarro, Attorney at Law

Re: slander

I think that you should go to the Wal-Mart and ask to see the tape.

Read more
Answered on 10/02/02, 1:23 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Mississippi