Legal Question in DUI Law in Mississippi

Did not attend court for a DUI charge

In about a month I have to go to a mediation on a lawsuit I am involved in and they want to know my records. Well June 05 I had a few drinks and was pulled over I blew and had a .11 , the officer told me that if I could help him with some drug bust he would get it erased. Well he kept pushing back my date for a couple of months and then said he could not do it. I then consulted a lawyer, but did not trust him with the case and did not have money at the time to pay him and the fee. Having had sucess in the past just not going to traffic court I just didn't go. So now almost a year later I want to have my day in court. What should I do and what will be the penalties for missing court, and what should I do about the upcoming mitigation.

Asked on 5/05/06, 1:34 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

brent jones jones law firm

Re: Did not attend court for a DUI charge

First and foremost it is important to know whether the DUI charges are still pending against you. Please note MADD now keeps a watchful eye on most courts throughout the state along with rates of conviction, etc. Second, if necessary I can get you a trial date, if you have not already been convicted. If you have been convicted then we might be able to appeal. I guess I would really need to speak with you in order to acquire all of the details to properly advise you. I dont charge for a telephone consultation so feel free to call Brent Jones, at my office located in Ridgeland, Mississippi.

Read more
Answered on 5/15/06, 10:43 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Drunk Driving & DUI Law questions and answers in Mississippi