Legal Question in Family Law in Mississippi


We have a son who is about to come into money yet is a drug addict & has agreed to give rights to us (parents) to control money until physically & mentally able to stand on his own. What forms in Mississippi would be needed?

Asked on 2/18/09, 1:43 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Mary Milek Milek Law Firm

Re: Conservatory

A conservatorship is not a simple or do-it-yourself case. There are no forms to fill out. You must file pleadings, service of process must be issued and served, and one or more hearings will need to be scheduled. Also, an accounting will be needed, and (unless waved) the Court will require an annual accounting of the funds expended. Fortunately, your son is going along with this request. This will save time and money. I suggest you find a local attorney that practices primarily in Chancery Court for assistance.

Read more
Answered on 2/19/09, 12:24 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Mississippi