Legal Question in Family Law in Mississippi

My grandmother has been raising my cousin's kids their whole life.One is 2 the other is 11 months.The parents don't buy food,clothes,diapers and will go months with maybe seeing them once or twice.Now my cousin and the mother are broke up and playing the kids against each other,neither have a home or job and do drugs.The mother is threatning to bring the law to come get the kids if my grandmother doesn't let her get them.She is on drugs and is living from house to house,when she does have them she gets other people to babysit,people the kids don't know,what can my grandmother do?

Asked on 11/01/15, 8:08 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Anders Ferrington Anders Ferrington PLLC

Your grandmother needs to file for custody or guardianship immediately

Read more
Answered on 11/01/15, 11:57 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Mississippi