Legal Question in Family Law in Mississippi

My husband has 2 children with his ex-wife. The oldest child does not not have my husband as the father on the birth certificate and he is now 3 years old. The mother put her first husband as the father, which he signed all the paperwork at the hospital. The birth certificate has been changed 3 times but my husband has never been listed as the father. There has been DNA test proving he is the father either. She wa a still married to her first husband at the time. Although with all that my husband is paying child support on both children. The divorce papers state that he is to pay $57 a week on the children but the state is taking out $70 each week for child support. We have contacted all state authorities and they jus send us in circles telling us to this person and that person. What can we do?

Asked on 7/13/13, 7:22 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Timothy Matusheski Law Offices of Timothy J. Matusheski

I would file a motion before the judge entering the support order asking him to direct the state to commander no more than $57 per week.

Read more
Answered on 7/13/13, 8:06 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Mississippi