Legal Question in Family Law in Mississippi

What paper work do i need to get custody of my niece. The mother is willing to sign over her rights and give me the baby

Asked on 7/22/09, 12:52 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

To transfer custody of a child to a person other than a parent requires establishment of either a guardianship or an adoption. Either requires a petition in chancery court.

Read more
Answered on 7/27/09, 1:54 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Mississippi