Legal Question in Civil Litigation in Mississippi

At what age can a child say weather to live with his dad or grandparnets there mom is deceased.There 11 and 9 now,and want to live with there grandparnets?

Asked on 5/23/10, 8:46 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Wayne Woodall Wayne Woodall Attorney

There is a rule that a child can express a preference of which parent to live with, at age 12, but it is not binding on the court. As between a parent and a third party (even grandparents) there is no such rule.

Read more
Answered on 6/05/10, 4:59 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in Mississippi