Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Mississippi

A charge was filed against me for tresspassing. The home and property is in my name. The only access to it is a small gravel road and have been granted access for 2 1/5 years then one day a chain/no tresspassing sign blocked the road. I pleaded not guilty and have to appear in court. Can I be reimbursed for my attorney fees if found not guilty and do I have grounds for a lawsuit?

Asked on 9/20/12, 12:38 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Timothy Matusheski Law Offices of Timothy J. Matusheski

You cannot be a trespasser on your own land. You may have a cause of action against the county or city that pursued this charge against you and the person who procured the charge against you by calling you a trespasser while on your own land.

Read more
Answered on 1/26/13, 11:58 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Mississippi