Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Mississippi

Purchase of Real Estate

My brother-in-law verbally agreed to sell me property in Kiln, Mississippi which I have been living in for approximate 5 years. Unfortunately, Hurricane Katrina hit, and, since the property was still in his name borrowed from the SBA against that property. I have spent thousands of $ upgrading, construction, etc. He now wants to keep property. Everything is in my name except the actual title. Is there anything I can do?

Asked on 5/05/09, 2:22 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Albert Pettigrew Law Offices Ph 228-875-8736

Re: Purchase of Real Estate

You will need to file claims in chancery court for fraud, estoppel, unjust enrichment, etc; and you will need to file a lis pendens notice in Chancery before he sells the property.

Read more
Answered on 5/06/09, 12:10 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Mississippi