Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Mississippi

Time Share Maintenance Fees

I purchased a time share Condo in 1977 for cash. I have paid my Maint fee for over 30 years but never have used the property. The annual Maint Fee has grown to over $400,@year. I have spent a lot of money to list this property for sale. I have also contacted the company for relief by them taking back the property for free. What can happen to me if I just refuse to pay the annual fees anymore.

Asked on 6/04/09, 5:31 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Albert Pettigrew Law Offices Ph 228-875-8736

Re: Time Share Maintenance Fees

Have an attorney read your contract. Also look at the following 4/3/02 CNNMoney article for tips about where to list your property and transfer alternatives such as using the timeshare as a gift to a family member or donation to a charity that will net you a tax deduction.

Read more
Answered on 6/05/09, 10:24 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Mississippi