Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Mississippi

In Forrest County, Mississippi; can the heir(s) of a will sue the executor of the will in Small Claims Court for fraudantly failing to identify items that should properly be listed on the Inventory of Residual Personal Property that is common to be shared by all heirs?

Asked on 4/18/13, 10:54 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Timothy Matusheski Law Offices of Timothy J. Matusheski

Probably not. Mississippi observes the doctrine of primary jurisdiction. As such, you would probably need to bring that claim in the chancery court where the will is being probated.

Read more
Answered on 7/14/13, 5:57 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Mississippi