Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Mississippi

My grandmothers home was in her 2 sons names. One son has passed away. Does the property go to the sole living heir or are the deceased sons children now part heir?

Asked on 9/03/09, 11:04 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Albert Pettigrew Law Offices Ph 228-875-8736

The children of the deceased son will inherit an equal share of their father's estate under the law of intestate succession in Mississippi or whatever their father provides in his Last Will and Testament. They will not inherit any interest in the property if their father was a joint tenant with his surviving brother or if their grandmother had will designating someone else as a legatee for the property and the brother's only held the property as fiduciaries for their mother.

Read more
Answered on 9/08/09, 12:28 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Mississippi