Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Mississippi

Power of Attonery

My father the in critical condition the doctors don't think he is going to make it. He is married but they have been separated for over 4 years. How do I stop her from getting his money & pension?

Asked on 5/27/09, 12:33 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Albert Pettigrew Law Offices Ph 228-875-8736

Re: Power of Attonery

Your father can hire an attorney to assist him with a will. In the mean time, he can make an oral will if the end is imminent. If not, he can make a written will that must be totally in his own handwriting. Lastly, he can sign a will that is witnessed by at least two witnesses.

Items outside the estate, such as retirement accounts, insurance policies, and bank accounts with pay on death beneficiary designations can be delt with by somebody with a power of attorney if the power of attorney is accepted as sufficient by the account administrator.

Read more
Answered on 5/27/09, 3:01 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Mississippi