Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Mississippi


my mother passed away 1-1/2yrs ago and left me her house in her will how do i go about getting it put into my name

Asked on 6/01/09, 4:33 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Albert Pettigrew Law Offices Ph 228-875-8736

Re: wills

The Will can be filed in the Chancery Court property records as a muniment of title along with affidavits and quitclaims from all known heirs. The more formal route however is to probate the will and then file the judgement as a muniment of title. This will give potential buyers greater confidence in the validity of your property interest.

Read more
Answered on 6/01/09, 6:46 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Mississippi