Legal Question in Workers Comp in Mississippi

getting paid and a second opinion

I work for a large corp and am now under workmans comp. I have had trouble getting my pay . They have been making me drive 20 to 36 miles one way whenever I do get a check. I had surgery in Jan. and am not recovered yet, now they want a second oinion, do I have to change doctors at this point?

Asked on 6/09/04, 6:09 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Austin Nimocks Austin R. Nimocks & Associates, P.L.L.C.

Re: getting paid and a second opinion

You don't have to change doctors, but you do have to submit to a second opinion if the insurance company wants one. The 2nd opinion is a one-time visit and is not treatment.

Read more
Answered on 6/09/04, 6:18 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Workers' Compensation Law questions and answers in Mississippi