Legal Question in Family Law in Missouri

I am Dad in the state of Missouri,I have two children with my ex.My children arent in a great place for them they are 15 and 14..However I beleve my kids would be better off with me.Due to how my ex acts and the way she lives her life,I am not going to get into details because lets just say she does things she shouldnt be doing...Anyways,my 14 year old has been deemed autistic in the eyes of missouri.My 15 year old is just fine.She is active in her school and has good grades.I believe if they were asked they would both like to live with me.I will not put them on the spot and ask question is what do i have to look at to get my children out of that home,beings one is autistic.

Asked on 12/07/10, 5:03 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Barbara Hecht Barbara E. Hecht, P.C.

Based on your question, I assume you are divorced. You do not state where the mother or children lilve. You will need to go back to the state where you obtained your dissolution/divorce or where the children have lived for the past six months to file a motion to modify custody and parenting plan. If your children are not in the original state state where the dissolution/divorce is located, then you will have to file your original judgment decree in the state where the children are.

Read more
Answered on 1/03/11, 4:32 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Missouri