Legal Question in Family Law in Missouri

I am trying to divorce my husband for the lowest possible cost. I am unemployed and have literally NO money. I know I can get the court fees waived because I am on foodstamps and I have the forms for that. My husband moved and changed jobs and phone numbers, and his family has moved and changed information too. I have no way to find him. I know you can do a divorce by publication, but I ant to do this without hiring a lawyer. We have no children, no property. I live in Jackson County, MO and last time I knew, he lives in Greene County, Mo. We have not been together since December of last year, and I have had no contact with him since May of this year. I just want to get this over with so I can move on!

Asked on 12/04/10, 2:32 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Barbara Hecht Barbara E. Hecht, P.C.

You can file pro se and request the filing fee be waived at the beginning of the case. You can go to your Jackson County Courthouse, Circuit Court Clerk's office and ask for the forms which you can find on line to prepare and file your dissolution of marriage. I believe there is a course for you to take before filing.

Read more
Answered on 1/03/11, 4:40 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Missouri