Legal Question in Bankruptcy in Missouri

What can I do when someone is court ordered to pay me for damages and they refuse?

Asked on 2/01/14, 2:20 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Anthony Smith LawSmith

Unless one if you has filed fir bankruptcy protection, you will probably have to do an execution or garnishment of their assets. If you do not know how, you might hire an attorney to collect the judgment for you.

Good luck

Read more
Answered on 2/01/14, 6:36 am
Alicia Beeler Villines Alicia Beeler Villines (sole practitioner)

If it's a civil matter, you may be out of luck. Most civil judgments in the U.S. are never collected. Naturally, you can try the execution / garnishment route, but if the person has no assets from which to collect, or you can't find them, it may be best to simply move on with your life.

Read more
Answered on 2/20/14, 10:45 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Bankruptcy Law questions and answers in Missouri