Legal Question in Bankruptcy in Missouri

I have been served with a summons to be sued by an old credit card. I went to the initial hearing and asked for a continuece so I could get lawyer representation. After finding out if have to pay $1500 to the lawyer that's more than I'm being sued for. I am on permanent disability with a terminal illness and cannot work. All I receive is my &900 a month to live on. What can I do to fight this without having to go back to court?

Asked on 3/13/14, 11:44 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Charles Andersen Charles Andersen, Atty

You said an "old" credit card debt. I take that to mean that you feel you don't owe it because of the time that has passed. I recommend that you research "statue of limitations" and "laches" on the internet and see if you can draft that up in an answer that you file with the court.

Read more
Answered on 3/13/14, 5:53 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Bankruptcy Law questions and answers in Missouri