Legal Question in Business Law in Missouri

What recourse can be taken when a human resource director says something derogitory about a former employee to a current employee

Asked on 11/30/11, 5:40 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Jonathan D. McDowell McDowell & McDowell, LLC

Depending on the scope of the conversation, the former employee can bring a defamation claim. This tort claim exposes a person that tells another person something derogatory (or of a sensitive nature) about another to liability.

This is a very fact intensive claim but can be won with some type of business record or witness testimony.

Hope this helps,


Read more
Answered on 11/30/11, 12:17 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Business Law questions and answers in Missouri