Legal Question in Civil Rights Law in Missouri

I hurt my shoulder at work. I went to the doctor and he put me on restricted use with my right arm. I returned to work the next day with my doctor note and my boss sent me home saying that if I can not lift with one arm that I can not do any of the job. Two weeks later the doctor did not release me for full use of my arm. I got a letter in the mail saying I no longer worked for them. Is this legal? Can I be fored if I have a doctors note?

Asked on 7/09/13, 1:54 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Anthony Smith LawSmith

There is a difficult gray area here. If you cannot complete the job duties, they need not keep you on, in some cases. You still have your workers compensation claim, Hopefully, the attorney handling that claim for you, will explain the intricacies of keeping your job. You may yet have time to claim FMLA time, but that window shuts very soon, if not already.

Good luck

Read more
Answered on 7/10/13, 7:52 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Civil Rights Law questions and answers in Missouri