Legal Question in Civil Rights Law in Missouri

My soon to be ex husband is making statements to people in our community that my boyfriend has beat me up and raped me which is false. He is also making statements that i said these things which is also false. He has also made similar statements on facebook about my boyfriend in relation to past relationships. Is this slander? Is there a legal action to be taken? What are our options?

Asked on 9/16/13, 8:56 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Anthony Smith LawSmith

Based upon the facts you described, your boyfriend may successfully sue your ex. However, the amount of monetary damages may be low.

Good luck

Read more
Answered on 9/16/13, 2:57 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Civil Rights Law questions and answers in Missouri