Legal Question in Civil Rights Law in Missouri

my sister has been incarcerated since april of this year. she gave power of attorney to my other sister and a so called friend,well the friend started writing bad checks on her account and my other sister closed the account. now we want to retrive her personal belonings from the woman legally,how do we start to do that? she also has revoked her power of attorney.

Asked on 9/12/09, 4:01 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael Harvath Harvath Law Offices-INJURY case representation

Hi. I am a Missouri attorney that focuses primarily on auto accident and on-the-job injury claims, though I handle property dispute issues as well. Your initial step here should probably be to have an attorney assist in obtaining the belongings in as peaceful a manner as possible, which would probably involve the preparation of some letters, and perhaps telephone correspondence. If the woman is not responsive to letters prepared by an attorney, the next step would probably be to have an attorney file a claim, asking for an order that all property be returned. A few additional details would be needed to determine the most feasible course of action. I can be reached by e-mail at [email protected], or phone at (314) 471-5585. Thanks.

NOTE: This answer is for educational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. The use of this site does not create an attorney-client relationship or privilege between the user and the attorney responding.

Read more
Answered on 9/16/09, 5:26 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Civil Rights Law questions and answers in Missouri