Legal Question in Constitutional Law in Missouri

Looking to see if I have a case against Windsor School District for suspending my son for unreasonable amount of time from school for "smelling" like and supposedly being under the influence of marijuana. He takes a prescription drug. Superintendent would not reduce the suspension sentence. Do I have a case strong enough for a lawyer to take this pro bono.

Asked on 9/21/09, 11:49 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Alicia Beeler Villines Alicia Beeler Villines (sole practitioner)

Maybe. I'm not terribly familiar with the area, but I would pursue it further. I don't know where the Windsor School District is located. Contact the Missouri bar, or the bar association of your county or the nearest respectably sized town and ask for some names of lawyers who handle this type of case. In the meantime, your son need not halt his learning merely because he is not sitting in the local public school; he can make use of this time. Perhaps he could research this area of the law online?

Read more
Answered on 9/22/09, 1:30 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Constitutional Law questions and answers in Missouri