Legal Question in Constitutional Law in Missouri


I work in a public school and my daughter was beaten badly four years ago by another student. The girl was charged with assault and put on probation and since that time, her mother has harassed my relentlessly. She continually calls or writes my superintendant trying to get me fired, telling him that I've been arrested, I am stalking her, etc. I have not seen this woman or talked to her in two years now and never did anything to her or her family other than pressing charges against her daughter. Is there anything I can do about this legally? It is really stressing me out and causing me problems at work.

Asked on 8/05/08, 12:18 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Edward Hoffman Law Offices of Edward A. Hoffman

Re: slander/defamation

This type of behavior is what restraining orders are for. You should speak with a local lawyer about getting one. You may also have a legally sound case of defamation, but it will only be worth bringing if the woman has enough money to pay any judgment you might win.

Read more
Answered on 8/05/08, 4:10 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Constitutional Law questions and answers in Missouri