Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in Missouri

I am unemployed and owe for medical bills. I have asked the Dr.s office if I could pay $10.00 per month and started doing so and they still turned me over to collections. Can they do that?

Asked on 8/16/13, 12:32 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Anthony Smith LawSmith

If the Creditor (Doctor's office) agreed to forego legal action in exchange for you paying a certain amount each week/month, then they cannot file suit (and get a judgment), as long as you comply with that agreement. But, merely paying a portion of what you owe does not prevent the creditor from taking aother actions to try to get their money sooner.

Good luck

Read more
Answered on 8/16/13, 12:49 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in Missouri