Legal Question in Criminal Law in Missouri

Assault By Tupperware

My mother was recently accused of assault by throwing a bag of tupperware at a woman who was seated in her car of which is not true and she even has witnesses to protest her side of the story. Shoulde she get a lawyer and what is the possible outcome? My mom is a nonviolent person who has never seen the inside of a courtroom before. I appreciate any advice we can get.

Asked on 7/11/07, 10:13 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Penny Umstattd-Cope The Umstattd-Cope Law Firm, LLC

Re: Assault By Tupperware

Although it seems a minor case, your mother should hire an attorney to represent her. The prosecuting attorney is not on her side if he/she has already filed charges against your mother. She will need someone to gather the witnesses and present them to the court. Also, depending on the allegations, the other person could attempt to file a civil suit for damages. The attorney will know how to best protect your mother. Good luck.

Read more
Answered on 7/12/07, 10:44 am

Michael R. Nack Michael R. Nack, Attorney at Law

Re: Assault By Tupperware

I advise anyone accused of committing a crime to hire a criminal defense attorney. If your mother is in the St. Louis area, I would be happy to offer her a consultation.

Read more
Answered on 7/15/07, 12:11 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Missouri