Legal Question in Criminal Law in Missouri

my boyfriend has a probation violation warrant and needs to go to a dr...can he be arrested... he knows he has to take care of this he is trying to save money to pay off the fines and court costs he is half way there

Asked on 7/12/13, 1:55 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Anthony Smith LawSmith

Obviously, he can be attested. That is the idea of a warrant. Some jurisdictions actively pursue warrants, while others wait for the person to be picked up on something else. Perhaps he could hire an attorney to take care of the warrant for him.

Good luck

Read more
Answered on 7/12/13, 7:02 pm

Michael R. Nack Michael R. Nack, Attorney at Law

The above answer is excellent. Your boyfriend can certainly go to the doctor, but if he picked up on the warrant he will be sitting in jail for quite a while. He should borrow the money to hire an attorney who might be able to get the warrant recalled, or at least help him avoid sitting in jail. I have handled such cases for the last thirty-five years. He can contact me directly for a free telephone consultation.

Read more
Answered on 7/13/13, 2:56 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Missouri