Legal Question in Criminal Law in Missouri

what's name for form get warrants dismissed

I have a warrant for not paying my restitution, but I was in prison in arizona. I have a full payment to send the state of missouri so that the restitution will be paid in full but I need to know the name of form I would use to ask for my warrant to be dismissed.

Asked on 5/05/04, 6:42 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael R. Nack Michael R. Nack, Attorney at Law

Re: what's name for form get warrants dismissed

First, the fact that a warrant has been issued tells me that a criminal case has been opened and you are probably charged with the felony of criminal non-support. If the case is pending in St. Louis county or even any of the counties surrounding St. Louis, I could enter my appearance as your attorney of record, file a Motion for Bond Reduction, and in all likelihood get the prosecutor and the Judge to agree to allow you to remain free on your own recognizance or at least upon the posting of a bond that you are able to make. Then, it is possible that the prosecutor will dismiss the charge based on the circumstances you describe, or at least offer a plea bargain under which you would not take a conviction or do any time. It will be necessary for you to appear in Court whenever required of course. There is no simple form to fill out to fix your problem, and I would strongly advise against proceeding without legal counsel. If you would like a free telephone consultation, you may call me at 314-727-2822.

Read more
Answered on 5/05/04, 8:37 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Missouri