Legal Question in Criminal Law in Missouri

I missed a court date several years ago for a miss demeanor possession of marijuana. I was told that things like this get expunged after a certain amount of time. My question is can I still get in trouble for this in the state of Missouri? Would it pop up if I get pulled over? What can I do to take care of this if still necessary?



Asked on 9/17/13, 5:46 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Anthony Smith LawSmith

If there is a failure to appear warrant, it remains. Any officer who pulls you over could arrest you. They don't always do this, but they could. If there is a warrant, you could surrender yourself, and post bail or bond. Or, you could hire an attorney to appear before the judge and ask the Court to recall (cancel) the warrant.

Good luck

Read more
Answered on 9/17/13, 8:48 pm

Michael R. Nack Michael R. Nack, Attorney at Law

You need to hire an attorney. These things do not just go away. If you are in my area, you may call me for a free telephone consultation.

Read more
Answered on 9/19/13, 8:42 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Missouri