Legal Question in Criminal Law in Missouri

Missouri law. My mate 0f nine years and I seperated for 3 month last summer.We each filed to get an exparte but never of us went back to court for it to be put in place agenst each other.Three more months past and we had not heard one word from the court about this.We were even stop twice by law officers and nothing came back on us when they ran us.Three more months past and still never a word from the court.Then on a thursday night two law officers came to our home and arrested us for comtemt of cour.With out us being notedfied to be in court on Wensday.We had no say about nothing.I was ordered to not come home for two weeks and Deb was oder to move out in that two weeks.PLus we were oder not to have eney contact with each for a year.Now we live in fear of being togeather or even trying to go to the store or town.I do not think eney of what happend in this ordeal was legal.Can you tell us if there eneything we can legaly do abouut what to to us.

Asked on 1/31/12, 9:10 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael R. Nack Michael R. Nack, Attorney at Law

Yes, I can certainly give you some legal advice. Hire an attorney when you are involved with legal matters. What happened to you is obviously the result of you two filing things in court without the faintest notion of how the legal system operates. Many of the things you include in your question clearly indicate that you do not have a clue. You should have hired an attorney to begin with, and you should hire an attorney now.

Read more
Answered on 1/31/12, 12:57 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Missouri