Legal Question in Criminal Law in Missouri

would like some professional help

i have been charged with two A felonies a B felony and a B misdemeanor after my home was raided. I am a single mother of three and my home was HUD assisted. although the drugs were not mine I was taken into custody with a 25,000 dollar bond with no 10%. At arraignment I was granted 10% and bonded out. What are my chances of avoiding jail time?

Asked on 7/15/09, 11:13 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Michael Harvath Harvath Law Offices-INJURY case representation

Re: would like some professional help

Hi. I am a Missouri attorney that handles criminal issues. In order to assess whether there is any possibility of avoiding jail time and the likelihood of having the charges reduced to lesser offenses, more detail would be necessary. At a minimum, the nature of the charges would have to be provided. There are numerous factors that would have to be considered, including, but not limited to: the circumstances of the raid of your home, whether you have prior charges and/or convictions, and whether there are any mitigating factors, that could reduce the severity of the charges. Also, a careful look needs to be taken at the search warrant by an attorney, to determine if you have a possible partial or complete defense based on an improperly executed or prepared warrant. At a minimum, you would have to inform of the nature of the charges to determine what, if any, possibility exists for plea bargaining or defending against these charges. My e-mail is [email protected] Thank you.

Read more
Answered on 7/16/09, 4:22 am
Michael R. Nack Michael R. Nack, Attorney at Law

Re: would like some professional help

I think that it is obvious that an attorney can not provide you with specific legal advice on this site based upon the info you have provided. You need to hire the very best criminal defense attorney you can afford as soon as possible. If you can not afford to hire a private attorney then you need to get the public defender as soon as possible. If you do not already have an attorney, you may call me for a free telephone consultation.

Read more
Answered on 7/16/09, 8:45 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Missouri