Legal Question in Criminal Law in Missouri

possible SIS

I plead guilty to a possession of a controlled substance charge in September of 1995. I believe I was given an SIS but can't find any record of it in my paperwork. How do I check to see if that was what I was given? And how do I check to make sure it was done? Thanks for the help.

Asked on 8/15/07, 1:55 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael R. Nack Michael R. Nack, Attorney at Law

Re: possible SIS

The Court in which you entered the plea of guilty has archived the court file. You can go to that court and ask the clerk to retieve the file for your review. This might take several days. then, look in the file for you Plea and also for you Sentencing form. If this is inconvenient for you, you could pay a local attorney a very modest fee to do it for you. Or, you could contact the attorney who represented you in the inital case and ask if he or she can provide you with a copy of the relevant documents. Good luck.

Read more
Answered on 8/15/07, 11:57 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Missouri