Legal Question in Criminal Law in Missouri

in the state of missouri is someone who has already been charged and sentenced for a misdemeanor charge then able to contact the judge to change their plea to a felony to enable them to then be released from their assigned jail sentence and put on a stricter probation instead? is this at all possible?

Asked on 5/26/10, 7:50 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Thomas Robbins Robbins Law Firm

It's possible, depending on the date the plea/conviction, the date of sentencing and whether defendant was represented at time of plea or conviction.

Read more
Answered on 5/27/10, 8:28 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Missouri