Legal Question in Criminal Law in Missouri

Today, I had court for a Pur/Atmp Pur/Possess Liq Minor charges from six months ago. I went to court and plead not guilty. I would like to know how they can tac on outrageous allegations without any proof?

Asked on 12/15/09, 9:34 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael Harvath Harvath Law Offices-INJURY case representation

Hi. I am not sure exactly what allegations they are tacking on. There is a possibility that they are trying to get you to plead guilty to the original charge.

In order to work out some type of plea agreement where you plead guilty to a lesser, non-alcohol related offense and keep this violation off of your permanent record, you very likely will have to have an attorney assist. Very often, without an attorney, you may be stuck either taking the case to trial, or pleading guilty to the offense as charged. Pleading guilty to this charge may have some effect on your future employment, because employers may look at your criminal record.

In any event, I am a Missouri attorney that handles criminal defense issues and the fees for handling these types of charges are negotiable. You can reach me by e-mail, for your convenience, at [email protected] Thanks.

NOTE: This answer is for educational purposes and does not constitute legal advice. The use of this site does not create an attorney-client relationship or privilege between the user and the attorney responding.

Read more
Answered on 12/22/09, 2:01 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Missouri