Legal Question in Criminal Law in Missouri


What's the difference between first degree and second degree trespassing?

Three of my friends were caught watching ''witches'' doing ceremonies on private property, and I told the guys we needed to go so we didn't get caught.

So they drove down towards the drive way entrance and two of the guys parked the car (even though i told them we needed to just go) and got out and walked up to where they were doing there ceremonies.

The people called the cops and the cop found me and my other friend that was in the car and asked what we were doing. We told them the truth about everything and that we had two friends up there and we stayed in the car because we wanted to leave.

We were charged with a Class B misdemeanor. I do not want this to effect my life and the types of jobs I can get, as I am very capable of getting a well paying job.

If this charge right, or should me and the friend that stayed in the car be getting the same charge?

Also what needs to be done to keep this from affecting my future?

Was not sure what area of law to put this under? Criminal Law just sounded more correct than the others.

Asked on 2/28/08, 4:34 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael R. Nack Michael R. Nack, Attorney at Law

Re: Trespassing??

Yes, you placed your question under the right heading. You are charged with a crime after all. But, you should not be too worried about it ruining the rest of your life if you hire an attorney to represent you. If you have a clean record, it is very likely tha an attorney can help you to avoid a conviction. Then, after completing probation, you will still be clean as far as convictions go. If you do not have an attorney, you may call me to discuss this further.

Read more
Answered on 3/02/08, 11:14 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Missouri