Legal Question in Criminal Law in Missouri

After visiting a nightclub,i was returning home in a taxi cab,when we stopped to take some cash from

ATM my card was blocked because of cash whithdrawal limit (it is 300$ a day) i offered to pay the

driver with my debit card ,the money was available in my account(i have ATM receipt) and he said NO

because i promised him that i will pay with cash .After that he called a police .When police arrived we

already screaming at each other.Police officer said i am aggressive ,but the police did not listen to my

explanation and he took me to a jail.Yes,i was very angry at the driver but why i was charged with

larceny? i did not refused to pay, i just could not pay him with cash.Please advise me what to do! May

i be deported for it or lose my Green card?

Asked on 10/09/13, 7:12 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael R. Nack Michael R. Nack, Attorney at Law

You need to hire an attorney. If you plead guilty or are convicted you may very well lose your green card. If you are facing a criminal charge in a jurisdiction where I regularly practice, I may be able to help you. Feel free to contact me directly for a telephone consultation.

Read more
Answered on 10/10/13, 3:55 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Missouri