Legal Question in Family Law in Missouri

Can a 17 year old adopted girl move back in with her biological parents on the state of Missouri without the law forcing her to go back to her adopted parents?

Asked on 10/06/13, 6:33 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael R. Nack Michael R. Nack, Attorney at Law

No. When the Court entered a Judgment on the adoption, your biological parent(s) lost their legal rights. If they want to go to Court to attack the Judgment of Adoption, your wishes would be considered but would not be controlling. At 17, you will be an adult before any legal action could be effected. Still, you may ask your biological parent(s) to consult with an attorney.

Read more
Answered on 10/10/13, 4:26 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Missouri