Legal Question in Family Law in Missouri

My 15 year old nephew has been placed in cottonwood residential treatment center by my eldest sister after she gain full sole custody of him from his mother and father. She is currently trying to place him into falster care upon the release of cottonwood. He has told several facility memebers that he would like to live in the home with me, I have never been contacted by anyone from this facility to verify if he could. However they have told my eldest sister whom has sole custody of him telling her my nephew has told them he wanted to stay with me an my sister has done everything in her power to prevent this from happening. I am needing to know what it is I can do to bring my nephew home into a loving caring enviroment like he deserves

Asked on 10/12/13, 8:22 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Mel Franke Mel G. Franke, Attorney at Law

The alternative are either apply for guardianship in which you have to prove no one else can take care of him or custody in which you have to prove the parents and sister are unfit.

Read more
Answered on 10/14/13, 9:43 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Missouri