Legal Question in Family Law in Missouri

my boyfriends ex the mother of his daughter accused me of inopropetly touching their daughter no proff was found and we have not been contacted by anyone including her is this slander i have 4 kids myself and we have one togeither

Asked on 12/26/10, 4:40 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Anthony Smith LawSmith

If she reproted the alleged abuse only to children's servcies or the police, she may be protected from civil liability. But, if she told her allgation(s) to others, and it harmed your reputation, you may be able to bring a successful suit for slander. However, there is a short time limit in which such aclaim can be brought. Therefore, if you are considering such a suit, you should go personally to see a civil trial lawyer soon. Many offer a free or low cost initial consultation. They may be able to tell you if your claim would be better brought as a small claims case, even if they don't take your case.

Good luck

Read more
Answered on 12/31/10, 11:31 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Missouri