Legal Question in Family Law in Missouri

Under what circumstances can the court require a noncustodial parent to take a drug test? My exhusband has a history but I can't prove it, I recently found out his house looks like an episode of Hoarders and there is a DFS case open. I suspect that he is into some hard drugs and/or his mental state has declined immensely. Is having a uninhabitable home grounds for a drug test?

Asked on 10/22/13, 11:02 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Michael R. Nack Michael R. Nack, Attorney at Law

In my experience, Judges will Order a Drug Test in any case where it is requested. You may have to pay for it, and you may be Ordered to take one yourself. But first, you need to have a case pending, such as a Motion to Modify perhaps. I handle these cases all the time. You may contact me for a free telephone consultation.

Read more
Answered on 10/22/13, 5:11 pm

Mel Franke Mel G. Franke, Attorney at Law

Not unless you can prove that there is a reasonable basis for having it done.

Read more
Answered on 10/23/13, 8:24 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Missouri