Legal Question in Family Law in Missouri

I'm confused.

1-05-06 Back in august i had a fling with a lady. Two days later she says she is pregnant with my child. I'm not very smart on the whole pregnancy subject, but i found it hard to be mine. She made me feel guilty and worried that it was mine. Over the next month i had sent her 800.00 to get an abortion since i was in no shape to have a baby. After the last time i sent her money she says she wanted more and more, i said no i have sent you more than enough. I changed my cell phone number so she would stop harrassing me with calls at all times of the day. I am now getting worried that she may not have had an abortion if she really was pregnant and in a few months i might be getting slammed with child support payments. Is their anyway that i can avoid this, i have no way of contacting her to find out. I'm confused and don't know what to do. Please let me know what kind of legal action i could take. Thanks.

Asked on 1/05/06, 3:16 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Jeffrey Carey Carey Law Firm, LLC

Re: I'm confused.

If the child is yours you will have support obligations. You have the right, however, to have paternity proven. I find it HIGHLY unlikely that she would be able to confirm a pregnancy within two days of intercourse. If she asks for more money you would be better off spending that money on an attorney to determine paternity.

Read more
Answered on 1/06/06, 12:00 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Missouri