Legal Question in Family Law in Missouri

contempt of court

I have joint custody of my 4 children, their father has physical custody. In the parenting plan, he is to keep me informed of all the medical/school related activities, he fails to do this and when asked about it, he tells me it is none of my business. My question is if I don't have the money right now to retain a lawyer to take him back to court, who can I notify (the judge's office??) to report that he is in contempt of court? He likes to play by his rules and doesn't feel like our divorce papers are worth the paper they are written on. Please help, I am at my witts-end. Thank you

Asked on 9/25/06, 12:28 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Jeffrey Carey Carey Law Firm, LLC

Re: contempt of court

I would suggest filing a motion for contempt with the Court. Outline his failures to abide by the order and ask the Court for relief. Good luck.

Read more
Answered on 9/25/06, 12:36 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Missouri