Legal Question in Family Law in Missouri

My daughter is 16 months old and the father is now married to someone else but will not tell his family about our daughter. They got married two weeks after we found out about the pregnancy to get custody of his current wife’s children and have their two year anniversary coming up. He sneaks over to see our daughter less than an hour a week, but does not pay support, does not pay medical bills or provide for her. He does not spend holidays with her either. The other kid he has custody of does not know about our daughter either. Could I get sole custody because he is hiding her like this?

Asked on 11/01/13, 5:52 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Mel Franke Mel G. Franke, Attorney at Law


Read more
Answered on 11/01/13, 12:00 pm

Michael R. Nack Michael R. Nack, Attorney at Law

I disagree. It is possible, but not likely that most Judges would award sole legal and physical custody based only upon these facts. You need to hire an attorney to help you get all the things you and your child are entitled to under the law. Do not delay, hire an attorney! You may call me for a free telephone consultation.

Read more
Answered on 11/01/13, 4:57 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Missouri