Legal Question in Family Law in Missouri

I am divorced with joint custody of 3 year old little girl. I am engaged and wanting to move, myself and three year old, in with my fiancee. In my divorce decree it states "no person of opposite sex past 10 pm" does this restriction make it impossible to move in with fiancee? We want to move in this spring, and get married next spring.

Asked on 10/01/09, 4:03 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael R. Nack Michael R. Nack, Attorney at Law

It is unfortunate that your judgment includes such a restriction. It was obviously very short-sighted. Now, you face the possibility that your ex will file a Motion for Contempt or otherwise cause legal problems for you if you take your child when you move in with your fiancee. Youc ould file Motion to Modify to remove that provision from your judgement, but you would need to spend time, effort and money on attorney's fees. Good luck.

Read more
Answered on 10/03/09, 11:58 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Missouri