Legal Question in Family Law in Missouri

my grandson is almost five and my husband and i have had him on a full time basis for almost 4 years now. his mom signed power of attorney over to us 3 years ago and for the first year of his life he was bounced around between all of us.Our son has many legal and drug problems so i think he would sign custody papers but i dont know about his mother. She has 2 other children now and i know she failed a drug test while pregnant with the one who is 1 and half years old and had to take same child to er last week because he ingested visine. She has a live in boyfriend who my grandson does not like.Im afraid between the boyfriend , drugs and other kids that my grandson isnt being cared for properly. She helps pay for preschool but we pay part of that plus all other expenses for him. we are the only ones to take him to the dr or dentist and he only spends 1 night a week with her, if that. we dont allow our son to take him anywhere, he must visit at our house with us there. what are our chances of getting custody? im not try to take him away just making sure they cant take him from the only home hes ever known.


Asked on 10/07/13, 2:10 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael R. Nack Michael R. Nack, Attorney at Law

Diana, there is a statute that provides for an Order granting you custody, and under the facts that you have given, I believe you have a very good case! I have obtained such an Order in a similar case. Please contact me for a free telephone consultation.

Read more
Answered on 10/10/13, 4:05 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Missouri